I would encourage you to check out your local Co-op or Natural Foods Store, even if you don't get anything. I remember being amazed the first time I went into a co-op and found out just how many things that are good for the Earth (like detergents and other cleaning products) or how many things that can be organic. There is even organic soda! So check it out sometime, you'll be surprised. Don't know where your local co-op is? Check out the Co-op directory service
In addition, I also mentioned I purchased fair-trade chocolate. What exactly is fair-trade?
"Fair trade is a system of exchange that seeks to create greater equity and partnership in international trading system by
- Paying fair wages in local context;
- Supporting participatory workplaces;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability;
- Supplying financial and technical support;
- Offering public accountability.
- Respecting cultural identity;
- Building direct and long-term relationships; and,
- Educating consumers."